Complaints sent by consumers to the Ministry of Economy’s Consumer Protection Department varied from high prices of goods and products to defects and non-conforming items in Cars and Spare parts.

It was noted that the second quarter of the year saw the highest number of complaints received throughout the year. Dr. Hashim Al Nuaimi, Director of the Consumer Protection Department, said that 95 per cent of complaints were settled amicably while the remaining 5 per cent were referred to courts.

”The Department has been receiving increasing number of complaints over the years thanks to consumers practicing their rights due to the success of nationwide campaigns conducted at both federal and emirates level to advise and raise awareness of consumers and protect their rights,” he added.

Share your experience with us or Review a recently visited Auto Workshop in UAE, help your peers to make the right decision based on your feedback.